Mistakes to Avoid in Lawn Care DIY
If you’re going to do the hard work all by yourself, you should avoid these mistakes.
- Don’t install the plants along your home’s foundation; doing this outgrows the available space all too quickly
- Avoid employing the ground covers that are deemed perfect for the job
- Don’t rush to choose the grass you plant and research about the best type of mulch for your home
- Failing to position plants for them to give off the perfect display
- Pruning your shrubs at the wrong time
- Mismanagement of the lawn; mismanagement could be through having a very big lawn, dotting your lawn with planting circles, or failing to put in mowing strips for easy mowing.
- Ignoring winter maintenance
- Planting messy trees such as sweetgum, ginkgo biloba, or pine.
- Also, don’t overestimate your DIY capabilities and beware of zoning laws, location, and your neighbors.
Which other lawn care tips do you recommend for your plants to flourish?